Monday, April 16, 2012

Weekend Faves

As far back as elementary school, before the days of HDTV and the Food Network, I spent my weekends with my fingers double crossed in the hopes of catching an episode of This Old House (ol' Bob and Norm, you guys craft dove tail joints like no other), Nancy Sews, Jacques Pepin or Yan Can Cook (stop snickering...if Yan Can so Can You!) 

Sex-ay! via
 Then I discovered my first issue of Martha Steward Living.  I hoarded those suckers, bought with hard earned babysitting cash, and studied each page harder than any exam I had to cram for.  And then came Candice Olson!  Extreme Home Makeover!  And finally, an all day design feast that is now available via cable.  Which makes me secretly wish I was Canadian because damn, our neighbors in the north can design (yes, I'm talking to you Sarah Richardson.)

In case you're missing the theme here (and no, it isn't that I watched too much PBS growing up, although true, not the point):  I am clearly obsessed with watching people create things. 

Today my preferred medium for inspiration is blogs.  Design blogs, lifestyle blogs - blogs are serious business (and so is Pinterest - Pinterest is to my brain what Facebook is to procrastination.)   So listen, I'll just come out and say it:  I have an embarrassing amount of blogs bookmarked.  Truly. An. Embarrassing. Number.  And often, I come across ideas that I love, love, love and promised myself I'll remember (or, erm, "Pin") what website and on what day I saw the idea I just loved, loved, loved.

And then I don't remember (or Pin It.)

And THEN I'll be sitting in our Den, attempting to visualize a design plan of sorts and instead my brain does this long drawn out "hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm."

And 8 weeks later I still don't have curtains up, ::Hi Neighbors!::

So!  New plan.  I'm going to start blogging about these ideas I come across.  Think it will work?  Eeks, let's hope so because (my memory) is not getting any younger and my husband is tired of being spied on.

OK, let's do this - here are my Weekend Faves:

1.  I actually still need to host a garage sale, but in my head I REALLY want it to looks like this one and call it a boutique sale. 
2.  I made these on Easter because I like making my cousin smile, but even more so shocking my (Catholic) grandma on Holy days.
3.  This is already on the calendar for next year.  With this being a close second.

I hope everyone had a lovely weekend and got a bit of sunny weather like we did!

No comments:

Post a Comment